KEC 2022 marks the 60th year of the annual family retreat. For decades, KCC have welcomed families and generations to spend the Easter long weekend in the beautiful Blue Mountains and grow together in their faith. So, after a two-year hiatus, KCC is thrilled to invite you and your family to join us again in the mountains, with plans underway to make KEC 2022 a memorable and wonderful experience for you as we celebrate our 60th anniversary.
Registrations for KEC 2022 are now open, offering hybrid ticket options that allow adults to attend parts of the program onsite while livestreaming the rest. A full livestream weekend option is also available for those who prefer more flexibility in viewing the program over the Easter long weekend. Families can also expect the all-ages children’s programmes to return onsite as normal.
With the KEC 2022 starting from Good Friday morning to Easter Monday lunch, delegates can expect the weekend to be filled with:
- Powerful and life-changing Bible talks from keynote speakers Matt Fuller (Senior Pastor, Christ Church Mayfair) and Russell Moore (Public Theologian at Christianity Today and Director of Christianity Today’s Public Theology Project).
- Worship led by our KEC bands, including the return of AFROfest, an Australian African worship group whose vision is to unite a multitude of diverse backgrounds into a single voice, praising God and witnessing to His love.
- Opportunities to speak to our partner Christian organisations, find out more about their ministries and how to support them.
- Encouraging and heartfelt testimonies and interviews from everyday Christians on how God has worked through past and present circumstances.
- Fun and fellowship in the plaza to celebrate 60 years of KEC, including a chance to learn more about and how to support the future of KCC ministries.
- Plus, more to be announced!
KCC is always encouraged to hear how families set time aside every year to enjoy KEC together, with many enjoying the tradition of visiting the mountains for as long as 20 years! We hope the following testimonies will inspire you to come and celebrate 60 years with us in 2022:
“We have attended KEC for approximately 20 years during childhood years of our 3 kids, last one this year in senior high year 12. We benefit from the cross generational family time and learned platform bible teaching. We come to be fed for life and ministry back in our church and world. The key to our personal growth has come from the challenges and depth of bible teaching from learned wise in life experience speakers, evangelical gospel focussed men of faith. Thank you KEC for your commitment and ministry to us.”
– KEC2019 Delegate
“My husband and I have been coming to KEC every year since we were married in 2005. We have had four children in that time and each of them have spent every Easter at KEC. It’s such a blessing for our whole family. Although in their younger years our children have been reticent about attending the kid’s programs, as they’ve grown, they look forward to being reunited with their once-a-year friends and participating in the programs. It’s so wonderful to be reflecting on Jesus as we remember his death and resurrection in a special way over Easter.”
“For 15 years or more, we have benefited from the preaching of God’s Word at KEC. Our children (now all adults) have grown up through the children’s and youth programs and two of them are now serving faithfully in their churches. For us, it has been an annual opportunity to be refreshed and revived spiritually as we “give out” in our small country church all year round.”
– KEC2018 Delegate
“I like the teaching, the opportunity to take my kids camping but also for them to experience Katoomba Conventions as I have done on and off over last 20 years.”
Picture from KEC2019. We look forward to welcoming you back in the auditorium for 2022.
Register Your Family for KEC2022 and Join the Celebration with Us!
Katoomba Easter Convention is an annual retreat for the whole family. It is a fantastic way to spend Easter as a family or with friends, soaking in God’s word and grow in your walk with Jesus together.
In order to comply with health orders and ensure as many people can attend KEC, delegates will be offered one of three options for the adult program. This includes:
- Early Bird: Morning onsite & evening livestream (with priority registration given to families and Seniors) or,
- Night Owl: Morning livestream & evening onsite or,
- Couch Potato: Livestream weekend.
Stay up to date with Katoomba Easter Convention