Keynote Speaker, Malcolm Gill (Associate Minister, St Andrews Cathedral Sydney) kicked off the event by opening the book of Romans to address two questions:
1. What is the significance of being God’s sons?
2. What is the implication for the way we live now?
By explaining the theology of adoption and Sonship, Mal helped delegates to better treasure their God-given identity, and to be empowered by the hope and purpose it brings:
“Talks were great at challenging me and renewing my mind. Also, my son has just given up on the faith, yet he came because he enjoys hanging with me and has come every year since he was 12. He loved the talks and especially the psychologist.”
– Sean, BASECAMP 22 Delegate “It gave me more confidence to go through life. It reminded me how much I am loved as a son of the Father.”
– Ross, BASECAMP 22 Delegate “Great to be reminded of my sonship with God. So good to see men who had never been before benefit greatly from being reminded of gospel truths and spurred on to live for Jesus in their job, church and family life.”
– Andrew, BASECAMP 22 Delegate “Great reminder of how valued, loved and secure we are with Jesus.”
– Jeremy, BASECAMP 22 Delegate
Pastoral Counsellor, Jeremy Ward, also joined the platform to address the common struggle of busyness. Addressing our time-poor culture of hustle and hurry, Jeremy presented a 6-step framework to help delegates identify the heart issues that keep them stuck and distracted by busyness.
Did you miss out on BASECAMP 2022? Our Livestream video is available to watch on-demand until midnight, 12 September. Access it here.
Learn more on our website: basecampmen.com